Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Management funda number .. hmm lost count

Below is the IP msnger log of a brief conversation with my immediate senior. I filled up my timesheets and this was his response, after he rejected them and asked me to do the boring task all over again. (me in blue letters)

+I don't think you have spent so much time on the coding.
+Please discuss to justify this time
+=======
+
+What should I fill in then ?
whatever you have done


What should I make out of it?

Anyway, I filled in something that I did not spend time on at all, and it went through. I did think whether maybe he wanted me to fill in something else, to use it against me later. But then, I was tired of constant nagging, and filled the timesheets up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharan Sharma said...

you must send this to Scott Adams

September 07, 2006 7:28 PM  
Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

Make it fit the plan - that's golden rule number one. There are two poossibilities here :- 1) the plan (and hence your superior) is wrong, or (2) you are wrong. Guess which one management favours...

September 10, 2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger Rajesh J Advani said...

My responses to stuff from supervisors relating to "time"

1. I don't think you spent so much time on this.
Me: But I did

2. I don't think it will take so much time to do this.
Me: But it will.

3. We need this done by the weekend.
Me: But it will take at least another week.

4. We can't take any longer than this weekend.
Me: Can't be done.

:)

September 14, 2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger In The Shadows said...

Sharan,

:)

TG,

Yeah, I can guess which one.

Rajesh,

Appraisals bhi to hote hain na.

September 20, 2006 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home