Monday, August 14, 2006

Show me this place around

This is what I am listening to right now..

--------------------
I am just a new boy,
Stranger in this town.
Where are all the good times?
Who's gonna show this stranger around?
Oooh, I need a dirty woman.
Oooh, I need a dirty girl.

Will some cold woman in this desert land
Make me feel like a real man?
Take this rock and roll refugee
Oooh, baby set me free.
Oooh, I need a dirty woman.
Oooh, I need a dirty girl.

--- Pink Floyd in "Young Lust" from the Wall album.


Cool I say :) Pink Floyd with vodka (as suggested in Five Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat) is always a good combo.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kusum Rohra said...

Oh come on! Chetan Bhagat and his book both are the as bad as they come.

August 18, 2006 5:41 AM  
Blogger In The Shadows said...

Yep.. I know its not quality. But I kinda relate to it. I did my engineering while living in a hostel and I saw many shades of the characters in 5.someone.

And many people relate to it, incl my school friend(another engineer) who recommended it to me. And so it became a hit.

The same guy trashed ON@TCC and advised me not to read it. And I didnt. I kind of trust his taste in books much more than anyone else.

August 18, 2006 7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm....finally
can you see the wild girl squealing n cart-wheeling, the wind screams at her "hey you,wild locks"...
Loved the lyrics...light sense of resentment with a touch of casualness, the stranger on the dust-beaten street,...walking carelessly across the street,
carrying a huge load of memories
..of a journey in the virgin terrains.
How recklessly he would make love to the woman, who would be his girl in no time

These days, am in love with Status Quo's "Lakky lady" n "is it really me?"
Ah well, I've got a woman and I love, love her so
She is big, fat and lazy but I want you all to know
That I love her and I need that woman so
She is my little lady and I'm glad that you all know
...........the tone is aggressive!huh!

Jyo

September 14, 2006 4:58 AM  
Blogger barbarindian said...

Let me make you a little jealous: caught the Roger Waters show at Camden on 16th Aug.

September 29, 2006 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home