Friday, November 03, 2006

Experience.. sample this

No, I have no lyrics to paste this time. If there are bands who can build pictures in your mind with just their music, one of them have to be Pink Floyd.

Try Echoes - 1 from the album Live in Pompeii. Ok, there are other versions of the same track, but this one stands apart. Experience the sounds.... Just simply amazing.

I was lucky enough to watch the whole Live in Pompeii show on MTV at my aunts home. The cable operator at my small home-town did not transmit MTV or V :(
Amazing video, I doubt if it is available anywhere in India these days, in music shops. (Naah,, i dont want to try online e bays). It has videos of Pompeii, with the volcanoes in the background, the band performing in an open ground alone amidst steam, the band performing in a hall...

Wonder if anyone else has watched that video?

5 Comments:

Blogger barbarindian said...

I have it on DVD. I watched it the first time long ago in India, perhaps in '95, when it was playing on MTV. I couldn't find the album anywhere.

Later I bought it on a tape, it was pretty good. Then bought the DVD when it came out and gave the tape to a friend. They messed up the DVD completely, added all sorts of crap. I might buy a copy of the tape again.

November 05, 2006 12:48 PM  
Blogger In The Shadows said...

Hey, Barbarindian, I dont have the Tape, but I have CDs :)

Same here, I watched the video on MTV somewhere around 95-96.

I dont have the video on CD/DVD though :( and I would like to have that again..

Cant get enough of the "echoes" track on "Live in Pompeii"

November 07, 2006 2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydvrcHC6Nyw

upload it na so that everyone can watch it!
if it's not the one you are hinting at, oh my dear kind-hearted man, On my knee, I plead thee ....

November 09, 2006 7:56 PM  
Blogger In The Shadows said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 20, 2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger In The Shadows said...

Jyothsna,

I guess this is the one, though it seems like it has the live in Pompeii scenes mixed with the original video scene.

I dont have this video - thanks for pointing me to this. :)

More than the visual effects, its the sound that has amazed me

November 20, 2006 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home