Monday, July 09, 2007

8 random facts about me

Sakshi (http://sakshijuneja.com/blog/2007/06/29/some-random-facts-about-me/) and BarbarIndian (http://barbarindians.blogspot.com/2007/07/8-facts-about-me-you-could-live-without.html) have tagged me. Here goes...

1. When I was a primary school kid, once my neighbour asked me, Who was John F Kennedy? I did not know, so I said I dont know. He said - "You know, come on, dont be shy, tell me". I was in a bad mood and said - "Tere baap ka baap". Later my baap thrashed me.

2. My mom thinks there is something wrong with me when I listen to heavy metal music. A friend once asked me jokingly if I am into some tantric stuff.

3. My favourite channels would include National Geographic, Animal Planet, Discovery channel, Cartoon Network, Pogo, VH1.

4. I started having beer, whisky etc and cigarettes in the final year of my Post Grad, at the age of 23. Bacardi is my favourite. And amongst the common regular cocktails, I like Long Island Iced Tea.

5. I missed admission to IIMs and XLRI by a few ranks in both cases, after my graduation. I never tried again. Now when I see what managers are like, I dont regret it much.

6. I used to be secular. I used to think there is no reason to fight on the basis of religion (later I realized that you cannot do anything when the fight is forced on you). I used to hate religion. I used to think Hindus are really bad because my history textbooks highlighted many bad points. I used to think Chacha Nehru and Gandhi were valiant freedom fighters and I used to respect them. How wrong was I....

7. I used to be a voracious fiction reader and it included Forsyth, Archer, Verne, Ludlum, Rowling, etc and anything that had a good review. I drastically cut down some years ago due to lack of time and other priorities. My reading is very limited now, based strictly on the recommendations of friends. I wanted to start Ayn Rand, but the thickness of the books makes me put it off for later.

8. I hate orkut.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chalo at least we have Long Island common between us. :)

July 11, 2007 1:32 AM  
Blogger Cinamon said...

Read fountain head. brilliant. will be leaving some info with confused, just take it from him. Would have mailed u but u are untraceable.

July 11, 2007 8:52 AM  
Blogger Observer said...

>>
My favourite channels would include National Geographic, Animal Planet, Discovery channel, Cartoon Network, Pogo, VH1.

I need to show this to my wife and tell her 'Look my dear, iam not perverted'.

July 11, 2007 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haan be kamine bewde...
you started beer late, but you have cleared the backlog too..

July 11, 2007 10:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice blog dude. I have added your blog in my links. Hope you don't mind.

July 11, 2007 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home